Without You...

...I am a sock without a shoe.
...I am a cow without her moo.
...I am a detective without a clue.
...I am a stamp without the glue.
...I am a To-Do list without a thing to do.
...I am a full bladder without a loo.
...I am a pigeon without its coo.
...I am a church without a pew.
...I am a ghost without its boo.
...I am the early morning grass without its dew.
...I am not my best me without you.

Dedicated to those of us who are missing someone today.

Luckily you don't have to miss out on the Poetry Friday goodness...just head over to Miss Rumphius Effect.

18 comments:

  1. I cracked up laughing when I got to the bladder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doraine! It's tough when you can't find a loo when you really need one. lol =)

      Delete
  2. Love it. You surprised me with some of those lines. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jama! That is high praise that I could possibly suprise you. =)

      Delete
  3. A ghost without its boo! How sad is that? Not to mention a cow without her moo. Nice, Bridget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tabatha! Maybe the cow has a boo and the ghost has its moo? Something to ponder... =)

      Delete
  4. I often feel like a detective without a clue! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little bit of humor & a little bit of love, all wrapped up nicely, Bridget. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I like my love wrapped up in humor. =)

      Delete
  6. It's darling! That had me saying "aw" out loud--great for kids and all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin! So glad I inspired an aw or two - we all need those these days. =)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! Glad you stopped by today. =)

      Delete
  8. Awww...very sweet. I love the whole list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a delight.
    Hope anyone's missing one brings the boo, loo, moo & more, back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)